Monday, April 11, 2011

Chapter 1

"Ahh, it's raining again...I wonder if it'll lasts..." Kaori muttered by herself.

"Eh, you're talking by yourself again, Ri-chan? You always do this whenever it rains..." Kasumi sighed.

"Whatever. I'm going to the front building and just wait until the rain recedes a little bit. I forgot to bring my umbrella. It was just windy this morning, I never thought that it'll actually rain...Oh well, sayonara, Mi-chan. Good luck dating that good-for-nothing boyfriend of yours." Kaori quickly left, avoiding the dark glare that her best friend emitted after she said the 'good-for-nothing' part.

Kaori arrived at her destination, while watching droplets of rain fell and fell from the sky as if the rain will never ever stop. She doesn't mind it, as she likes rainy days.

"It's so cold, yet I'm really warm inside..." Kaori then proceed to stretch her arms, feeling the rain touching her skin, to which she responded with a faint smile.

"Are you always like this, Kaori? Talking by yourself, I mean."

Kaori quickly turned her backside to the familiar voice. "Ta-Ta-Takashi! I-I didn't know you're here!"

"It's okay, Kaori. You acted as if we haven't seen each other for a long time. Stop talking by yourself. It's weird and people will spread nasty things about you, you know." Takashi patted her head as he opened his umbrella and stepped onto the rain.

"Takashi! Wait! Could you...send me home? I forgot to bring my umbrella...Our houses isn't that far anyways..." Kaori pouted at Takashi, hoping to go home after a long day in school.

"Why didn't you say so earlier? Alright. But I think we have to take the long way back home. I don't want any rumours about us DATING or whatever. This school can get out of control, sometimes." Takashi said it to her, hoping she'll get the gist of it.

"Yeah, sure. Like I'll date you anyways, Bakashi."

"What did you call me?!? Okay, you just stay there until the rain stops. Goodbye." Takashi walked faster, leaving her behind.

"Alright! You win! WAITTT!!!" Kaori hurried herself, dying to get under Takashi's umbrella.

Both of them didn't said anything while they're walking together. When they arrived at Kaori's house, Takashi greeted Kaori's mother as she was outside, trying to call her cats to come inside the house. 

"Takashi-san! Good thing you know Kaori well enough! She always forgets something - or - maybe I'm missing something between the two of you??" Kaori's mother smiled sinisterly.

"OKASAN!" Kaori shouted. "No, I'm just sending her home, Subari-san. Sayonara." Takashi smiled sweetly, then he stuck his tongue out to Kaori. "Next time bring your own umbrella."

"I will, Bakashi!" Kaori shouted again, slamming the front door shut to Takashi's face.

After taking a long, warm bath, Kaori then changed into her pajamas and started to blow dry her long, black hair. A lot of things went through her mind that day.

Baka Takashi! Always making me miserable after he helps me. It's always been like this since elementary school. Takashi...how long will you make me suffer? I can' take this anymore...

Meanwhile, Takashi just finished eating with his family, when her sister said something unexpectedly. "Onii-chan, I saw you walking with Kaori-san today. You both even shared an umbre-" Takashi then coughed hardly, hoping that his parents wouldn't suspect anything about that evening. 

"Okay, I'm stuffed. I'll just....go to my room." He dashed as fast as he can, leaving his family with question marks on their heads. His sister just smiled by herself while sipping a nice cup of tea.

Takashi locked the door and proceed to lie down on his bed with his arms behind his head.

Damn. Ayumi saw us. I just hope she won't spread this in school. I'll reason with her later. I wonder how Kaori felt when I said about us not dating back then. It just popped out of my mouth. Kaori...I'm sorry. I wish you know how I feel about you...

No comments: