Monday, April 11, 2011

Chapter 3

"Oi, Takashi! I don't have all day, you know...I still have to-" Kaori's words were cut short when she saw it.

"Here...Isn't it beautiful? My mom brought it home last night. We're going to plant it in the garden today."

"It's...it's s-so beautiful..." Kaori's eyes gleamed at the dazzling sight in front of her. Takashi couldn't help but stare at Kaori's expression.

"I still remember when we were kids. You're really fascinated by my mom's garden back then. You told me you like chrysanthemums, right?"

"Y-yeah...I just love yellow flowers a lot...but chrysanthemums are my favourite. They smell so nice..." Kaori's lips began to form a smile.

"Well, sorry to bother you and your time. It's just flowers, really. I thought you might expect me to kiss you or some- OUCHH!" Takashi's head swelled from the blow that Kaori's fist landed upon.

"Ba-Bakashi! I'm going home!" Kaori stomped her way out of his house.

Man, that's hurts...but that's the first time I've seen her happy like that since a while...

"Okasan, I'm home..." Kaori's voice began to faint.

"What's wrong? You're not your usual self today. Are you sick, honey?" her mom began to worry.

"N-no, I just feel a little bit sleepy. Can I do the chores later, okasan? I'm going to take a nap for a while..."

"Okay dear."

She lied down on her bed, wondering about Takashi's action just now.

Why did he always say stupid things? Expecting a kiss? I...I never felt nervous when he's around when we were kids...but since we went to high school together...I began to stutter quite a lot...not to mention that my heart just went doki doki all of a sudden...Could it be...no, it couldn't, right?...

_______________________________________________________________
RING! RING! Kaori picked up her cellphone.

"Ri-chan! Please help! I'm at Shibuya now, the usual place. COME HERE NOW!" Kasumi shouted at the other line.

"What's wrong, Mi-chan? Are you crying? Ok, ok. I'll be there in 15 minutes." Kaori ended the call.

20 minutes later, Kaori arrived at their usual place. She found Kasumi wiping her tears with her hands, sitting alone in a cafe.

"Mi-chan! What's wrong?"

"It's...it's Reido. You're right about him...He...He dumped me, just now...He said he's in love with another girl...and he's been planing to break up with me since last year..." Kasumi's voice began to muffle from her crying.

"I knew it! That bastard...Don't worry. Let's just go home. I'll walk with you." she helped Kasumi from her seat and they took the train together. Kasumi fell asleep, probably from crying too much, while Kaori stood up to look after her.

"DING DONG! Next stop: Chiyoda! Next stop: Chiyoda!"

"Psst. What happened to Kasumi-san? Did she cried?"

Kaori's face flustered, then she turned right to see a very familiar person standing next to her.

"T-T-Takashi! What are you doing here! Y-you almost got me a heart attack!" she whispered back.

"So, now I can't ride a train with you? Don't worry, I won't grope you- Ahh..." Takashi's voice quivered after Kaori pinched his arms.

"You're getting annoying nowadays, Bakashi. Why are you in Shibuya?"

"...I just came back from dating. You know Mei-san, right? Your classmate."

Kaori's heart began to pound harder and harder from hearing his words.

"Oooh, M-Mei-san...I didn't know you're da-dating her..." her hands began to trembled a bit, but she hid them from him.

"DING DONG! Please exit carefully and give way for incoming passengers. Thank you."

"Well, we're home. Don't tell anyone about what I've told you. See you tomorrow, Kaori." Takashi smiled then vanished through the hoards of people coming onto the train.

"Damn...Kasumi! Wake up! We're here already."

"Ahh! Sorry, Ri-chan. Let's go home..." Kaori dragged her friend's arm and they walked back home.

Wait...did he just said that he...he's dating Mei-san?!...I know that Takashi's has quite a fanclub in school...but why Mei-san?...she's the quietest girl in class...well, she is the prettiest...damn, why am I feeling restless now?... 

P/S: Writer's note:
Kaori likes to use 'Bakashi' as in 'Baka' in Japanese mean...STUPID. Hohoho. :p

No comments: