Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chapter 5

God...who the hell hired the gardener at this school...right, it's the Principal, who else...this garden is a TERRIBLE mess...

Kaori watched the garden in front of her. She still remembered how beautiful it was when she first entered high school. But now...that's all history.

"This will take FOREVER to weed out the whole garden. Just think of the flowers, Kaori. Just think of the flowers..." she muttered by herself.

"Want me to lend a hand? You sure like to talk to yourself a lot. It must be really lonely."

She turned her head to see Takashi sitting beside her, starting to pull out the weeds from the flower beds.

"T-Thanks. You're really useful at times like this. Looks like you're not just eye candy, after all-" Kaori then closed her mouth, preventing herself from talking about Takashi's appearance.

"So...you DO admit that I'm good-looking. How about charming, smart and hardworking? I'm one of those too, you know. Well, according to my fanclub here." Takashi chuckled. Kaori's face turned red from embarrassment.

"Shu-Shut up, Bakashi. You're ugly and disgusting. Just WEED." Kaori mumbled.

After an hour, the garden returned to its former glory. No more weeds and tall grasses, just beautiful flowers of all kinds and colours swaying back and forth from the strong winds that were blowing.

"It's beautiful..." Kaori gazed at the wonderful sight in front of her.

"Good thing I know something about gardening. You almost destroy those dandelions. And those carnations too."

"Y-Yeah...I guess...Hey, thanks for your help...I mean it." she smiled, her face full of gleam that only Takashi can see it at that time.

"B-Baka...stop making that face. It's not you at all." This time, Takashi's the one who's face was flushed.


His face is red...That's the first time I've seen Takashi like this...Why is he shy all of a sudden?...

"Eh, you're embarrassed, Mr. Hotshot? Hahaha. By the way, how's the so-called fanclub of yours? You MUST be the President."

"Honestly, they're driving me nuts. Everytime they see me walking down the hall, they'll squeal and chase me until I find a good place to hide. Usually it's the men's bathroom. It's hard being popular AND handsome at the same time."

"Whatever, Takashi. Hey, it's been a long time since we've talked like this, right?..."

"Yeah...a LONG time, I guess..." They both laughed heartily together. Then, after the strong winds blew continuously, rain started to fall down.

"I guess today's my lucky day...my favourite view and my favourite weather came to me before my eyes..."

Kaori went silent, then she touched the rain with her pale, bare hands. She wished the rain would never stop, but then, all pleasant things must come to an end eventually.

"Takashi...I want to ask you about Mei."

No comments: