Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chapter 7

"Onii-chan, you just missed your favourite TV show. That's just weird. Usually you won't miss it for the world..." Ayumi voiced out her thoughts loudly.

"Ooh, yeah...I remembered. It was a rerun tonight, so no biggie." Takashi replied.

"...How's Kaori-san, Onii-chan~" Ayumi snickered. "You've been pretty much close to her lately...or am I wrong, Onii-chan?..."

"Stop making rumours. Don't spread them at school. Now go to sleep, chibi." Takashi stuck his tongue out to his little sister, which attended the same school as him and Kaori.

Sigh...I can't let Ayumi know about this...never mind about that...now that Kaori knew about Mei and I...I wonder how she felt about it...

_______________________________________________________________

Ooh, my head...it feels like it's going to explode any moment now...GREAT...

"Eh? Ri-chan? You came to school earlier than me! That's odd...did you sleep last night? Are you sick?" Kasumi gave her a surprising expression.

"First, no. Second, yes. But I'm fine, I just got a little headache, that's all." Kaori replied, trying her best to reassure her best friend that's she okay.

"Okay...here's some pills if you're feeling worse later on. I always keep them in my bag in case I get sick."

"Thanks, Mi-chan."

Ahh...Mei-san...she came today...the boys looked worried as hell, just as I thought.

"Alright class. Grab your tracksuits and meet me in the indoor basketball court. Get moving." their P.E. sensei yelled at them.

"Hai."

_______________________________________________________________

"Are you sure about this, Ri-chan? You're sick, you should just sit down and relax. I'll go tell sensei-"

"No, Mi-chan. I'm fine, see? I'm feeling better already." Kaori lied to her friend, as the reason why she didn't want to relax was because she doesn't want to sit with Mei. Mei didn't joined them that morning.

"Okay! We're gonna play dodgeball! Class 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3, divide into Team 1, 2 and 3. You got 5 minutes." her sensei then blow out the whistle that was in his pocket.

OOOH BOY...of all the games in the world...it has to be dodgeball today...I'm SERIOUSLY in trouble now...

"*whistle* Time's up! Alright! Team 1 versus Team 2! Now, ready, set, GO!" her sensei whistled some more.

Kaori's head became worse as she swayed back and forth, left and right trying to avoid the ball that was coming from the other team. Takashi was one of the members of Team 1.

She looks pale...Definitely pale...Is she sick?

Kaori continued dodging balls, until, when one ball which came from nowhere, struck hard at her head. She wobbled, then fell onto the cold, hard floor. Takashi was surprised.

"Sensei! Kaori passed out!" one of the students shouted.

"Don't worry, sensei. I'll send her to the nurse's room." Takashi then lifted Kaori, holding her in a princess position which caused quite a stir in the basketball court. Kaori was still unconscious. Takashi could practically hear his fangirls screaming 'NO! NO!' when he lifted her.

Damn...why did it have to happen in front of everybody...especially the fangirls! Kaori, you idiot...you shouldn't be playing in the first place...

_______________________________________________________________

Wha...what...what happened...OOH MY HEAD...it hurts...

"...It hurts..." Kaori mumbled by herself, not knowing that Takashi was beside her at that time.

"Shhh...just rest...just sleep, Kaori. You'll be alright..." he put his hand on her eyes, closing it to prevent Kaori from waking up.

Then, warm tears started pouring from her violet eyes. She cried and cried, while holding the hand that was closing those very eyes.

"...Ta-Takashi...you...baka..."

"Just let it all out, Kaori. Don't worry, I'll stay by your side no matter what."

And those words were what Kaori just wanted to hear at that tender moment.

No comments: