Friday, August 5, 2011

Chapter 10

This has got to be one of the worst days of my life...Stupid Takashi! Baka! BAKA! BAKA! You and your stupid fangirls!...


Kaori went ahead and sat along the riverbank. The sunset wasn't nearly there yet, but she can definitely feel the warmth of it as she tried to calm herself down. She kept thinking about the things that happened between her and Takashi during those few weeks. Then, droplets of pearls started to form underneath her eyes.

_______________________________________________________________

"Oi! Kaori! I said WAIT!" he shouted with all his might to Kaori, only to be ignored by her silence. She proceeded to run as fast as she could. Her feelings were all mixed - anger, sadness, shamefulness - they all smacked hard within her like as if someone hit her chest multiple times. All she could ever think of was continuing running.

"GO AWAY YOU STUPID FREAK!" Kaori couldn't stay quiet long after all. Takashi slowed down his steps, shocked to hear the words that just came out of her mouth.

First time she called me a freak...must be really mad, eh Kaori...


_______________________________________________________________


Takashi finally arrived there, after walking slowly to avoid chasing her. He saw her sitting by the riverbank, and from far away he could that her cheeks were glimmering. He knew what that means. Takashi sat by Kaori as gently as possible.

"Kaori..." his voice, his tender, calming voice tried to reassure Kaori that he's there to be by her side. Nothing more, nothing less.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know that all of this could get out of hand back then. If I knew that Mei-san was like that, then I would've -"

Kaori looked at the calmed river, while trying to avoid Takashi's gaze. "Keep your words to yourself. I'm going home. Goodbye." she then stood up, wore her backpack and walked slowly towards home.

"...Walk safe. I'll call you tonight..." Takashi couldn't help but say those words out of worry. He watched as Kaori was getting further and further away from him. His mind at that time was filled with Kaori. Only...Kaori.

_______________________________________________________________

"Honey, what's wrong? You look awful today, something wrong? School? Boys?" her mother shocked to see that her daughter's face changed dramatically from the usual.

"Nahh, just tired. I'm just going to bed. Don't fix dinner for me." Kaori expressed half-heartedly.

She went up the stairs one by one, until she reached her room. Her backpack was dropped on the floor, then she continued to lie down on her bed. In no time, she was crying so hard that at the same time she tried to muffle them as best as she could.

How on earth should I go to school tomorrow...How on earth should I face Mei tomorrow...How on earth should I avoid Takashi...tomorrow...


Meanwhile, Takashi was in his room, sitting by the window overlooking the beautiful, bright little moon, holding his Blackberry, trying to decide whether or not he should call Kaori. He already told her about calling, but he didn't think that she heard the last part.

"The number you're calling is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the beep." *BEEP*


"Kaori, you're probably pissed off at me right now or maybe you're sleeping soundly. I...I just want you to know that I'm truly, deeply sorry for what had happened this evening. I should've known more about Mei-san and that stupid fanclub, but you know, deep inside you already know that I have nothing to do with the both of them whatsoever. I promise, if anything happens to you, I'll be there to protect you. Oh yeah...one more thing. Delete this voicemail once you've heard it. Don't want anything to spread around. Take care, ok...Oh, and Kaori, the girl that I like is actually -" *BEEP*


_______________________________________________________________

Kaori suddenly woke up to the sound of her cellphone ringing beside her. She looked at it, only to be surprised by the caller. 'Bakashi', as she named him on her cellphone, was actually calling her that midnight. She just let her cellphone rang, as the chorus of the song "Kina Granis - Valentine" passed by a few times. She then looked at it, on the screen it stated that she received a voicemail  from him.

She pondered a while, thinking about what could Takashi have been saying to her right now...
She opened the voicemail.

Oh my God!...Damn it...who IS IT??!...He is literally killing me right now...

No comments: